|vanpayar / black eyed beans||1/4 cup|
|raw mango / pacha manga||1 - 2 (depending on sourness)|
|drumstick / muringakka||1/2 (cut into pieces)|
|turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|coconut (grated )||3/4 cup|
|jeera / cumin seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|green chilli||2 - 3|
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|dry red chilli||1 - 2|
1. Soak vanpayar / blackeyed beans in water overnight. Cook it for 1 whistle.
2. Peel the skin of mango, cut into pieces and keep it aside.
3. In a pan, add cooked beans, and to that add drumstick pieces and cook well.
4. Once it is cooked well, add mango pieces, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Let it boil nicely and mango pieces get cooked well.
5. Meanwhile, grind together, coconut, green chilly and cumin seeds. Keep it aside.
6. Once the veggies are cooked well, and the raw smell gone, then reduce the flame to low and add coconut paste and simmer for a few minutes. Once it starts boiling, turn off the gas.
7. In another pan, heat oil, add the ingredients given under " for seasoning" and add it to the curry.
8. Your curry is ready to be served. This goes well with rice and any mezhukkupuratti.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy, if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving