Cauliflower pepper fry - easy and tasty side dish for rice made with cauliflower and sauteed with pepper. I love the peppery taste of this dish. I made this quick dish yesterday and served it along with rice and sambar. Cauliflower is one such vegetable which all of us like equally at home (other than potatoes). So I try various recipes with cauliflower both from north and south. Now to the recipe..
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|dry red chilli||1|
|ginger garlic paste||1/2 teaspoon|
|fennel seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|black pepper powder||1 teaspoon|
|turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Wash cauliflower, cut into florets.
2. Boil water in a pan along with salt and turmeric powder. Turn off the flame.
3. Dunk the florets in water in such a way that they are completely immersed.
4. Cover it and leave it for 2 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, drain water completely and dry the florets on a kitchen towel.
6. Slice onion, keep it aside.
7. In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Then add fennel seeds, dry red chilli and saute for 2 seconds.
8. Next add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and saute nicely till the raw smell goes off.
9. Add the sliced onions, and saute nicely till it becomes translucent.
10. Next add cauliflower florets to this. Mix well. Next add pepper powder, salt and mix well.
11. Sprinkle little water and cook covered till the florets become soft.
12. Remove from flame, toss once again and serve hot with rice.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving